• Question
  • Retirement forms

    Asked by someone from Menomonee Falls, WI on 10/19/2017

    I will be 68 in Jan 2018. I am going to retire. I have an appointment with my SS office next month.
    I do have a Medicare card which I've never used seeing I have insurance, it's "inactive"
    SS office sent me an e-mail saying my employer needs to fill out a form and I also do.
    I'm so confused. I can't even download them. Is this something I need to do?
    I've tried call the 1-800 number but the wait was 45 min. and when they called back I was
    working and missed their call. Any help you can give me would be wonderful!!

  • Categories: Medicare, Health Care and Health Insurance


  • Get a FREE 1-on-1 phone
    consultation with this advisor
  • Hi,

    Unfortunately since I don't know which form you are referring to I can't be much help. Have you set up a https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

    You can contact your local SS office via this page: https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3881/How-do-I-schedule-reschedule-or-cancel-an-appointment

    If this is regarding Medicare vs. employer provided insurance you can find some additional information here: https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/get-parts-a-and-b/employer-coverage/i-have-employer-coverage.html#collapse-5568



  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 11/19/2017
  • NewRetirement User

    72 year old from Deltona, FL

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • I am retired military. Tricare for life. 3000 max per yeàr. Plus I have been diagnosed as bia polar. Plus I spent 26 years as a cw4. And 18 as a DOD civilian. The army promoted smoking cigarettes.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 4/14/2018
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.