• Question
  • i was 62 and he was 70

    Asked by someone from Missouri City, TX on 8/25/2016

    I am filing for a divorce and no longer live with my husband. I paid the closing cost from my stocks. Where dose that leaving me.

  • Categories: Financial Advisors, Retirement Planning


  • Steve 


    San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • Hi,

    It sounds like you have pretty complex situation with many variables including Divorce, Asset Division, Social Security, Taxes and Investments. You'd probably benefit from meeting with a fee only financial advisor who has a fiduciary relationship with you.

    You can reach out to talk to one here: https://www.newretirement.com/newretirement-advisor-consultation.aspx

    Hope this is helpful.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 9/2/2016
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.